Heaven and Hell are Real
Where will you spend Eternity?.
The journey to the Afterlife begins from the day we are born. Death is inevitable and eternity awaits us. Life is full of uncertainties. The only clarity we have is now and every step we take brings us closer to the grave. Heaven and Hell are real places.
" Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:10Jesus is knocking at the door. He is waiting patiently to come in but he will not wait forever. We still have the chance to repent while we are alive. There are no opportunites for those who are dead
Heaven and hell are actual places that exist in the invisible realm. The fact that we do not see it does not mean they do not exist. The truth and understanding of the invisible realm is far beyond anything our human mind can comprehend.
Heaven: A divine place, a blessed community, a holy kingdom of the throne of God, the holy angels, saints and all who are perfectly incorporated into Jesus Christ. Heaven is the ultimate destination and fulfillment of the deepest christian desire, the state of supreme, definitive happiness. Words alone cannot describe the glory of heaven. In the Bible Jesus said..."In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know." john 14:2-4
Heaven is often described as a higher place, an upper cosmos, the holiest place, a perfect kingdom, a realm of divine perfection in contrast to hell or the underworld. Many people have been said to have ascended to heaven while still alive, including Enoch, Elijah and Jesus himself, after his resurrection. There has been various witnesses and testimonies all over the world about the genuity of heaven through Visions and Near death experiences(NDE).
Near-death experience (NDE): Wiikipedia describes NDE as a personal experience associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or has been very close to death. With recent developments in cardiac resuscitation techniques, the number of reported NDEs has increased.
After a comprehensive investigation about NDEs, i was able to arrive at the following findings.
- Millions of people have reported a Near Death Experience (NDE) since the history of mankind.
- Evidence of NDEs can be found in European, Middle Eastern, African, Indian, Asian, Pacific, and Native American cultures. This proofs concludes that NDEs are not limited to religion alone.
- NDEs has no boundaries. it is not associated to any particular age, sex, nationality, religion, ethnicity, culture or charisma. Reports shows that children under the age of 5 years who are too young to have internalized expectations of death or the afterlife report consistent experiences.
- After their experience, most NDE victim usually become aware that life does not end after death and Every exit leads to a new entry to somewhere else.
- NDEs can be positive with stories of heaven, of bright light, beautiful places, meeting dead loved ones, encounter with angels, saints and sometimes Jesus himself. On the opposite NDEs can be negative or Hellish in which victims experience extreme fear, panic or anger. It may also contain descriptions of demonic creatures or embittered human-like voices that mock or taunt the subjects. Most negative NDE shows evidence of hell, torments, burning flames, darkness, famous people, friends and family menbers in pain, bad persistent smell and total despair. Some people even encounter satan himself.
- Hundreds of NDEs have been verified to be true. Examples are found in, Pam Reynolds case, Dr. Eber Alexande (Neurosurgeon), Howard Pittman-placebo, Angelica zambrano, Tamara laroux, Colton Burpo, James Durham, Richard Sigmund, Dr Reggie Anderson, Dean Braxton, Angie Fenimore, Bryan Melvin .e.t.c.
Hell: The opposite of heaven, a place of torments, suffering and eternal punishment. Hell is the home of satan and his demons. It is the final afterlife destination of sinners. The bible makes it crystal clear that hell is an actual place of everlasting torment and fire where sinners are seperated eternally from God. Below are some Bible verses to support this claims.
- “If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire."Matthew 18:8-9
- " The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 13:41-42
- “Then He will also say to those on the left hand , ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels."Matthew 25:41
- "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power." 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
- "He also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name ."Revelation 14:10-11
- " And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.."Revelation 20:10
- " Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:14-15
The concept of Hell is not limited to the Holy bible alone. Other religious books also have various references to hell. The argument of Hell is an ethical one related to some questions on why an omni-benevolent God will allow His own creation to suffer forever in eternal fire. The simple answer lies on the fact that as long as there is a very cruel, wicked and merciless creature in the name of satan, then justice must be done against those who choose to follow his part. Just like law and justice is carried out in our mortal lives so is the manifestation of divine justice in the immortal realm. Hell is a terrible place and its not God's wish for anyone to end up there. Our destiny is in our hands. The pattern of the life we choose now will decide our final destination. If you reject God now, He will reject you in the end. The time to repent is now. Tommorrow may be too late.
What happens when we leave this world
Death: What happens when we die?, Do we go to heaven or hell immediately upon death or do we lie in the grave in a state of soul sleep awaiting the resurrection?, Are we conscious or unconscious?.
" And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" hebrews 9:27
Man is a living dust with an eternal soul. Who is the man that shall live without seeing death? who is the man that can say what tommorrow will bring? It is certain that every man shall die. The last breath of the body is the first breath of the soul. Heaven and Hell are hungry for souls as angels and demons wait patiently to recieve the immortal man. The war of eternity looks one sided for many souls are walking towards eternal destruction. The desire of the flesh and the pleasure of the world has put man in constant conflict with God and the danger of ending up in hell is looming. Man has forsaken his creator and has chosen to follow the destroyer.
The holy bible gives us a clear answer about the journey of man after dead. Our Lord Jesus tells us of two men who died, one was ungodly and the other was a godly man named Lazarus. Both were conscious immediately after death. The scripture tells us here that Lazarus, went to heaven while the ungodly man, at the time of his physical death perished.
While Lazarus' body lay rotting in the grave, his soul was transported by the holy angels into heaven. Also during the crucifixion . Jesus told the thief on the cross:"Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise " Luke 23:43
Many people might argue that the Paradise Christ referred to was not heaven; however, Paul uses the same word to describe the third heaven saying..." how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter " II Corinthians 12:4
The spirit of a true follower of Jesus Christ goes to be with Christ in heaven immediately after death while the sinner ends up in hell.
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. " Ecclesiastes 12:7
The road to heaven is narrow, it requires total submission to God by living a righteous life and accepting Jesus christ as your personal saviour. The road to hell is easy and broad, it means total seperation from God, by following the part of satan and living a sinful life.
The bible says"A highway will be there, a roadway, and it will be called 'the highway of holiness.' The unclean will not travel on it, but it will be for him who walks that way, and fools will not wander on it" Isaiah 35:8
Seek diligently the kingdom of God with all your strenght and all your heart. Jesus is the only way." Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:13-14